Bio Medical Waste Testing
We established India’s first bio-medical waste facility in 2018. With CAL wide expertise and specialized compliance-based solutions. We help our customers focus on what matters most to them: patient care. Our bio medical waste experts take care of every detail from picking up the waste from the facility,tagging,transportation and responsible disposal. CAL also serves pharmaceutical manufacturers and biotechnology companies with safe handling of any rejects or expired products.Our nation-wide service helps our customers manage risk and ensure legal and environmental compliance.
There are four major types of medical waste:
COLOR CODING & TYPE OF CONTAINER FOR DISPOSAL OF BIO-MEDICAL WASTE
The latest guidelines for segregation of bio-medical waste recommend the following color coding:
- Red Bag :- Syringes (without needles),soiled gloves,catheters,IV tubes etc . Should be all disposed of in a red colored bag,which will later be incinerated.
- Yellow Bag :- All dressings,bandages & cotton swabs with body fluids,blood bags,human anatomical waste and body parts are to be discarded in yellow bags.
- Cardboard Box with Blue Marking :- Glass vials ampoules & other glass ware is to be discarded in a cardboard box with a blue marking/sticker.
- White Puncture Proof Container(PPC) :- Needles,sharps,blades are disposed of in a white translucent puncture proof container.
- Black Bags :-These are to be used for non-bio-medical waste.In a hospital setup, this includes stationary,vegetable and fruit peels, leftovers,packaging including that from medicines,disposable caps,disposable masks, disposable shoe-covers,disposable tea cups,cartons,sweeping dust and kichen waste etc.