Electrical Conductors Testing
A conductor is an object or type of material that allows the flow of charge (electrical current) in one or more directions. Materialsmade of metal are common electrical conductors. Electrical current is generated by the flow of negatively charged electrons, positively charged holes, and positive or negative ions in some cases.
CAL regularly performs the following tests on the Conductors used in the high voltage electrical transmission network / grid.
- General visual examination as required by the Inspection test plans including Photo documentation of as received and stage wise for all layers of strands.
- Identify the Type & Configuration of the conductors.
- Identify critical areas for further detailed assessment.
- Photo documentation of critical aspects of the conductors with reference to Corrosion, Erosion, Wear, Grease content, etc etc.
- For detailed information on this Visual Inspection test method.
Aluminum Conductor Overhead Transmission Purposes :-
Material Diameter Of Aluminum & Galvanized Steel Wire,Conductor Resistance At 20ºc,Breaking Load,Freedom From Defects,Elongation,Lay Ratio Test,Ductility Test,Torsion Test,Galvanized Steel Wire,Galvanizing Test,Wrapping Test Aluminum Wire.
Aluminum Conductor for Overhead Transmission Purposes :-
Approx.Overall Dia,Actual Area,Breaking Load,Freedom From Defects,Lay Ratio,Resistance,Resistance Test,Stranding & size, Standard Size Wire